Angler and Antelope Guesthouse *****
2 College Road - 5850 Somerset East
Photos of the hotel
The Angler and Antelope Guesthouse is centrally situated in the town of Somerset East. It offers elegant rooms with air conditioning and free Wi-Fi. Free parking is also available.
Each room at the Angler and Antelope is tastefully decorated with wooden floors and furniture. All the units have en-suite bathrooms, most of them including a bath and a shower. Some units include a microwave and a fridge.
A complimentary breakfast is served every morning at the guesthouse upon request. A bar serving light snacks and drinks is also available.
Several activities are available in the area, such as hiking, horse riding or fishing. The Bosberg Local Authority Nature Reserve is less than 2.5 km away. The Somerset East Railway Station is just 700 metres away.
From Port Elizabeth:
- Proceed on the N2 towards Grahamstown.
- Where the N2 splits with the N10 northwards as Nanaga, proceed via Paterson to Cookhouse and Cradock.
- At Cookhouse, take the R63 to Somerset East.
- Travel south on the N1 via Bloemfontein and Colesburg.
- At Colesburg, take the N9 to Middelburg.
- Then take the N10 to Cradock and Cookhouse.
- At Cookhouse, turn right on the R63 to Somerset East. This is approximately 900 km.
- Travel east along the R75 towards Jansenville.
- Approximately 16 km from Graaff-Reinet, take the R63 via Pearston to Somerset East. This is approximately 120 km.
From Cape Town:
- Either travel up the Garden Route, and then come to Somerset East via Port Elizabeth, or travel along the R62 (inland route) and follow the instructions from Graaff-Reinet.